Becky grew up in a small town in the panhandle of Texas, worked her way thought college. Now focuses on mission based organizations.
Telling stories. Contributing to my community.
There are thousands of charitable organizations and programs that are worth your time and money. The challenge is how you choose those that have a real impact – like saving a life, create a safer environment, to give opportunity, teach someone how to become successful, preserve a valuable part of heritage and so on.
I chose this work. I studied marketing, journalism and have an MBA. My goal was to apply the best in business process and skills to community organizations. In more than 30 years of working in nonprofits, in low and high level positions, I see great things happening everywhere. Our world will always need more.
I also see the same challenges. This blog covers what I have learned through success and failures. It also speaks to volunteers and board members who need to work a little to understand how to help their nonprofits create more impact.
What I Do
Research and Analytics
Operations and Strategy
- Communications and Development, Wayland Baptist University San Antonio, 2005 – 2007
- Director of Communications, Baptist General Convention of Texas, 2001 – 2005
- Marketing Manager, GuideStone Financial Services, 1997 – 2001
- Communications Director, Baptist Center for Ethics, 1994 – 1997
- Communications Director, International Baptist Seminary, Zurich Switzerland, 1992 – 1994
- Assistant Director of Admissions, Dallas Baptist University, 1988 – 1992